Never a dull moment...

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Just when we thought we had everything planned out to start this race here in Tahoe on Friday, Mother Nature decided she had a different idea.  Unfortunately, Tahoe does not have quite enough snow and the most recent front that's moved through has not been dropping the amount of snow the resorts need.  As a result, Northstar has decided to postpone it's opening date and Kirkwood is on the fence about opening.  This kind of put a bit of a kink in our plans but nothing a little reorganizing can't fix!

We're determined not to lose any time competing in this race, so we're going to pack up and drive straight to Colorado on Friday and ski all 6 resorts out there next week -- a week earlier than planned.  Then we'll make our way back to Tahoe via The Canyons in Park City and hit the Tahoe resorts when we return. Hopefully by then Northstar will be open!  This should make for 10 straight days of skiing with 28 hrs round trip of driving back and forth from Tahoe to Colorado. Whew!

With this new plan though, we should (if everything goes right) have approx. 5 days back at home in Tahoe before heading to the Midwest and then Europe.  Will be nice to have a bit of a break in the middle of the traveling to help break it up a bit.

We'll keep you updated as we go! In the meantime, make sure to subscribe to the blog with your email address or follow along using your Google+! You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram :)

1 comment:

  1. Have fun in Colorado! I can't wait to see pictures! (Also, I added you to my blog roll!) xoxo


Thanks for your comments! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...